Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Save American jobs.
Boycott self check out at all the stores you do business with.
Do you remember the service station attendant? When I got out of high school one of the places most young men got their first job was at a gas station. Along came self serve gas pumps. Now there is no such thing as a gas station attendant. (except in Oregon and Rhode Island). Do you use the ATM at the bank. Soon there will not be a teller at your bank. Mark my words friends, soon there will not be checkers at grocery stores or tellers at banks, just like there isn't a gas station attendant at your favorite gas station. Think how many people have jobs as checkout clerks or tellers. Do you think that the stores that use self check out will pass the savings on to the consumer? I doubt it. Boycott self check out no matter how long you have to wait in line. Your neighbors job may depend on it. If you've taken the time to read this post I would like a comment letting me know if you think I am right or wrong.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I totally agree with you. This high tech world has it's benefits, but lets keep people working and socializing face to face.

Richard Dowling Sr. said...

Yes,,,agreed,,,It all about jobs.