Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Alexi and the Ferrett, by Patty

Today (Sunday May 11th) at our local farmer’s market, a man came up to pet my dogs, Alexei (a Siberian Husky) and Bart (a Great Dane). He leaned way down to Alexei, and I didn’t realize it, but this man had a ferret on his shoulder! Well, Alexei must have thought, ‘thank you very much for bringing my lunch! ’ for the ferret was in his mouth and half way down his throat before I even realized it was there! I was screaming ohmygodohmygod and the man was screaming it, too, and he threw his hands up in the air and couldn't look! Finally my hubby, who was trying to hold Bart back from getting in the action, got hold of Alexei’s jaw and pried it open and shook his face and out popped the ferret! Amazingly still alive! Wet and shaky, but alive.

The only apparent injury was to hubby’s finger when it scaped Alexei’s tooth!

I am going to make a large sign for Alexei to wear around his neck at our next trip to the farmer's market that says;

I LOVE FERRETS!

No comments: